Bart’s Recent Posts
- Josephus’s Clearest Claim about the Burial of Crucified Victims
- More on Josephus and Jewish Burial Practices
- Does Josephus Show that Jews Always Buried Their Dead?
- Hiatus: A New Teaching Company Course
- Josephus and the Burial of Jesus
- Another Anecdote about Being Consistently Critical
- Being Consistently Critical (in the good sense)
- Discovered Crucifixion Nails
- Pilate the Intransigent
- Did Pilate “Learn His Lesson”?
- Did Pontius Pilate Respect Jewish Sensitivities?
- Discrepancies That Pay Rich Dividends
- Why the Critical View of the Gospels Matters Theologically/Religiously
- Ancient Forerunners of Modern Gospel Critics
- Why Are You Trashing the Gospels?
- Did Roman Laws Require Decent Burials?
- Did Roman Authorities Show Clemency?
- Did Romans Allow Decent Burials?
- Why Romans Crucified People
- Jesus Burial: My Personal Stake in the Question
- A Hiatus in the Thread: Editorial Duties!
- Argument Against Jesus’ Burial in HJBG, Part 2
- Argument Against Jesus’ Burial in HJBG, Part 1
- New Thread on the Burial of Jesus
- Violent Opposition to the Romans in the Days of Jesus (or Brian)?
- Brian and the Apocalyptic Jesus Part 3
- Brian and the Apocalyptic Jesus Part 2
- Brian and the Apocalyptic Jesus Parts 1
- Day Two of Jesus and Brian
- Day One of Jesus and Brian
- July 2014 (24)
- June 2014 (25)
- May 2014 (42)
- April 2014 (42)
- March 2014 (39)
- February 2014 (37)
- January 2014 (45)
- December 2013 (45)
- November 2013 (40)
- October 2013 (45)
- September 2013 (42)
- August 2013 (44)
- July 2013 (48)
- June 2013 (45)
- May 2013 (40)
- April 2013 (43)
- March 2013 (44)
- February 2013 (43)
- January 2013 (52)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (43)
- October 2012 (55)
- September 2012 (51)
- August 2012 (46)
- July 2012 (54)
- June 2012 (51)
- May 2012 (38)
- April 2012 (18)
Bart’s Latest Books
Ehrman sketches Jesus’s transformation from a human prophet to the Son of God exalted to divine status at his resurrection…
Bart presents his long-awaited survey of the Bible. Comprehensive yet succinct, current in scholarship, rich in pedagogical tools, and easily accessible to students of all backgrounds…
Why Join Bart’s Blog?
As a member, you will gain full access to read Bart’s thoughts and dialogue with him about his books, debates, beliefs and more! All membership fees will be used in full to aid the poor in the most difficult living conditions.
Donate to the Foundation
Any donation to the Bart Ehrman Foundation support charities fighting hunger and homelessness.