jbjbjbjbjb
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
Hi. I have limited access to commentaries, and the ones I have do not agree about how this “he” works in 1 John 5:20.
I am certain at one point I read on ehrmanblog.org about how the pronoun can be proven not to refer systematically to the most recent subject, but am darned if I can remember where. Can anyone either remember or simply give me a bit more to go on here please?
Thanks!
Administrators:
BDEhrman
FreedomBen
evgendob
Robert
BDEhrman
FreedomBen
evgendob
Robert
Top Posters:
Steefen: 8170
Stephen: 4987
Porphyry: 1965
godspell: 1827
DavidFord: 1759
BJH1960: 1459
brenmcg: 1184
Colin Milton: 1142
Judith: 987
JAS: 948
Newest Members:
jpender
bledsomi01
RockyFikes
aramshur
elainewiant
1Fredmassa
ZeldaKing2
Firstshiftvineyardguy
drlugosi
ShilohC979
Forum Stats:
Groups: 2
Forums: 13
Topics: 2673
Posts: 49255
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 65
Members: 66327
Moderators: 0
Admins: 4
Most Users Ever Online: 3559
Currently Online: DavidFord, Jill_L, Robert
Guest(s) 39
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
1 Guest(s)
© Simple:Press —
